In this weeks lesson, Haanel talks about the “Law of Vibration”. How everything vibrates because atoms are always moving on a microscopic level. Even our bodies vibrate. That we can use our thought to help fight infections and other physical forms of illness. I do believe positive thoughts are healthy, for our minds as well as our bodies. Negative thoughts can open us to unhappiness and physical illness. This I understand!
We have studied 22 of the 26 lessons in the Master Key System, so far. We have learned how powerful thought is in accomplishing our life goals. Through this journey I’ve learned how to change the way I look at the world! To start analyzing what my thoughts are; if they don’t line up with Natural Laws….with positive thoughts…..then I need to change ’em! How to use the silence during the “Sit” to gain imagination, insight, and answers to many issues life brings. How reliving “gratitude” daily helps to clear the mind!
I have had no disagreement to Haanel or any of the many task Mark J & Co. ask of us. BUT…..I am going to need to think about this week’s lesson. I can’t quite get my head completely around how to apply the “Law of Vibration”. Below is the introduction to this week’s lesson:
“Thoughts are spiritual seeds, which, when planted in the subconscious mind, have a tendency to sprout and grow, but unfortunately the fruit is frequently not to our liking.”
“The various forms of inflammation, paralysis, nervousness and diseased conditions generally, are the manifestation of fear, worry, care, anxiety, jealousy, hatred and similar thought.”
“The life processes are carried on by two distinct methods; first, the taking up and making use of nutritive material necessary for constructing cells; second, breaking down and excreting the waste material.” “All life is based upon these constructive and destructive activities, and as food, water and air are the only requisites necessary for the construction of cells, it would seem that the problem of prolonging life indefinitely would not be a very difficult one.”
“However strange it may seem, it is the second or destructive activity that is, with rare exception, the cause of all disease.” “The waste material accumulates and saturates the tissues, which causes autointoxication.” “This may be partial or general.” “In the first case the disturbance will be local; in the second place it will affect the whole system.”
“The problem, then, before us in the healing of disease is to increase the inflow and distribution of vital energy throughout the system, and this can only be done by eliminating thoughts of fear, worry, care, anxiety, jealousy, hatred, and every other destructive thought, which tend to tear down and destroy the nerves and glands which control the excretion and elimination of poisonous and waste matter.” “Nourishing foods and strengthening tonics” cannot bestow life, because these are but secondary manifestations to life.” “The primary manifestation of life and how you may get in touch with it is explained in the Part which I have the privilege of enclosing herewith.”
So…..how do we apply this? Here is a summary of how Haanel says we do this.
- Visualization – make a mental image of physical perfection. We do that with THOUGHT. All thought is a mental action, which has a specific rate of vibration. (The Law of Vibration says all atoms vibrate on a molecular level. This includes the atoms of a chair and the atoms which make up a living cell. i.e human body.)
- Different entities have different rates of vibration.
- With THOUGHT we have the ability to change the rate of vibration when there is a physical ailment in our body.
- A higher rate of vibration governs, modifies, controls, changes,or destroys a lower rate of vibration.
Haanel uses the following examples as proof that this process works.
- If someone says something funny most people will respond with laughter. Sometimes laughing hard enough for your body to shake. Indicating THOUGHT controls our muscles. Someone says something which excites your sympathy and your eyes fill with tears, which shows that thought controls the glands of your body; or someone says something which makes you angry and the blood mounts to your cheek, which shows that thought controls the circulation of your blood.
- You receive a wound; thousands of cells begin the work of healing at once; in a few days or a few weeks the work is complete.
- You may swallow poison; the subjective mind (subby) will immediately discover the danger and make violent efforts to eliminate it.
All the examples he gives above take place in the “Subconscious” Remember the “subconscious” is located in the “solar plexus”. This is the part of the nervous system which controls all our involuntary responses necessary for human life. Haanel states that with negative thoughts we disrupt this “involuntary response” and block our bodies ability to effectively fight the infection.
This is where I’m having a problem. He is saying we can heal physical illness with the power of thought. I can except this as a way of “preventative health”, but if you already have the illness can you change all thoughts to positive and focus on a perfect physical body and make the illness go away?
Remember, this was written in the early 1900s. At a time when there were no processed foods, people were more physically active and less obese. As a society I think we are starting to realize these are some of our problems, but I don’t see medicine accepting the concept of “mental therapy”.
So…here’s the question. If you have less than perfect health. Can a person who starts to eat healthy, exercise, get plenty of rest and add “mental therapy” become healthier than a person who just eats healthy, exercises and get plenty of rest?????
We have about 3-4 weeks before our study is over. At that time I plan to do some research on this concept and revisit this topic in a later blog. My vision for my blog site all along has been to create a “one stop” information center of all things a human being needs to do and eat to become as healthy as possible for the purpose of having complete quality of life, even if they live to be 100!!
I hope you will stay with me to learn how we can all live a healthy life, even to the end!!